- This event has passed.
General Meeting September 20th
September 20, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
General Meeting for the CDCC Membership
Location: Douros Restaurant
Date/Time: September 20th, Noon (12 – 1pm)
AGENDA INCLUDES SPEAKER:
Geralyn L’Heureux, Employment Specialist, Teamworks Career Centre
Project Hire – A program designed to provide individual- focused training and work experience opportunities to assist unemployed Albertans to secure and retain employment.
How it works:
- Workplace Training partners with employers who can provide individual-centered programs, on-the-job training, and paid work experience.
- 2 separate options available: On-the-Job Training or Paid Work Experience.
Who is eligible?
- Eligible individuals must be 18 years of age or older, and experiencing barriers to getting and keeping a job, including, but not limited to: being unemployed and lacking the minimum qualifications that employers require.
- Eligible employers must demonstrate an ability to provide: on-the-job training or to facilitate the paid work experience component ongoing employment after the Workplace Training contract ends contracts must be in place prior to employers hiring an individual in this program.
Building Futures – training program is intended to prepare individuals for mid-level construction positions specializing in Exterior Finishing including siding, window/door installation and basic roofing skills. Salaries after completion of program will range from $35,000 to $50,000 per year.
- The Building Futures program is a FREE flexible 11 to 17 week program,
- Consists of both classroom training and on the job, hands-on work experience.
- Continue earning EI benefits while in training.
Call Douros to Pre-Order your lunch